Wednesday 25 April 2012

Catch up time.... Document:2012 January

So I know Project Life is everywhere at the moment, but that really isn't a project for me at the moment... I work full time, have 2 boys, do a lot of business travel, am a school governor.... you get the idea. However I remembered a Shimelle/UKscrappers project from 2 years ago which is kind of like project life but on a monthly basis and thought I'd give it a go this year. I go to a monthly crop so I print my photos before I go and I take a self made kit with me which includes some Simple Stories and October Afternoon PPs and embellies, some other bits from my stash, mainly stickers and mini-alphas.  So far I've kept up with the year and it's working really well for me.


Each month there is a title page:


Shimelle originally suggested that this could be an envelope page, but I'm not a great emphemera collector, so instead I'm including a mini calendar.


This is following by a divided page protector which includes 12 6x4 pockets.



So I am trying to include something about the weather, books I've read, trips we've taken, crafty stuff I've made and random nice photos of the boys. One of my main concerns was not having enough photos but that's not been a problem yet.


Finally there is a focus page which is a 12x12 you use to document a special event where you want to include more photos or details.




I'll be sharing February and March's pages over the next few days. Let me know if you want to know anything about this project, I'm really enjoying it so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment