Monday 12 July 2010

Why?


So I was 35 yesterday (11th July 2010) and for the first time I just didn't really enjoy my birthday - I suddenly felt very old and like I wasn't going anywhere quickly or doing anything very much.

I want to do more of the things that make me happy and to use my precious spare time doing the things I want to do - rather than wasting it watching meaningless rubbish on the tele or reading about the fun other folks are having on the internet.

I have been reading a lot about happiness recently after attending an awesome talk at the Festival of Education about how children flourish - so many of the principles seemed applicable to me and how I feel about life at the moment, and there are definitely things about my life I want to change.

But I have a need to document and to journal, to track my progress and to reflect on what's brought me happiness, and what I can work on for the future, hence a new blog - these are the 40 things I want to do before I'm 40. Supporters and cheerleaders very welcome...

No comments:

Post a Comment