Tuesday 16 November 2010

Journal Your Christmas - the lighter version!

Hello Blogland!

Many of you will have heard or be participating in Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class - I first signed up 2 years ago and love the journals I have created - but not that I was finishing them in March each year! So this year I have put some thought into how to make it more manageable for myself - espeically as we have a new kitchen arriving on 1st December (aaagh). This is what I've come up with:



27 4x3 inch cards, 1 for December 1st-25th, and the covers. All have patterned paper on one side (which will have the photo for the day on) and a space for some journalling on the other - with embellies already stuck on. I've also cut my numbers out of a sheet of K & Co PP that was sitting in my christmas stash
and made my covers (the front is here)


The PPS are the My Minds Eye I Believe range, with some of their brads and die-cuts (gorgeous!), and a few pieces from previous years, there's some basic grey and some cosmo cricket I had in my christmas stash.

I've resigned myself to not keep up daily - instead I'll print my photos once a week and stick them on to the cards with my journalling and the relevant number in one go - am hoping this will mean I finish in the christmas holidays though instead of in the easter ones!

4 comments:

  1. Looks fab, I'm impressed at how incredibly organised you are! I've got my base pages ready but no embellies, and am struggling with my numbers. Loving yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cute - I love the idea of a mini album

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fabulous - and very organised - looking forward to seeing the finished article. Very Best of luck with the kitchen - hope you're all sorted by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea! I can't wait to see it ready!

    ReplyDelete